Moving windows 10 OS from HDD to MSATA SSD

Dalveer

Estimable
Mar 20, 2014
Hi I have found many threads on this topic but am still confused and don't understand exactly. first off I have an Acer v5-573p-9899 laptop and it has a 750gb Hard drive but also an empty msata port where I am going to be installing a 250gb msata ssd. I don't have anything really on the laptop so my question is when I install the msata ssd how can I just move the OS from the hard drive to the msata ssd? I don't need to back anything up I want to do a fresh install onto the SSD but windows 10 is already active on the hard drive. If its easier to clone I know I can do that through software, but I thought its best to move it from the hard drive to the msata ssd so I can use the hard drive for storage and the ssd as a boot drive. if someone could explain I would really appreciate it. thanks!

USAFRet

Illustrious

How much total used space is on the current drive?
How much of that is Doc/Music/cat videos?

capex99

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop Tech Support 1
oktaviorizky23 Laptop Tech Support 13
G Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 2
H Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 10
T Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 14
L Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 2
V Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Laptop no longer boots with drive moved to external enclosure
Question Windows Explorer cpu usage go high if I move my mouse
Solved! My cursor can move, but can't click on anything but the program I am on.
Solved! I have a acer aspire windows 7 computer. Keeps reading press f2 to start. Won't move past
Solved! My laptop is stuck on one chrome window. It will not accept clicks, but the cursor moves. It will allow ctrl+alt+delete, but w
Notebook hangs out but keyboard and mouse can move but nothing can be clicked.
Laptop screen goes pixelated when moved or a window is full-screened
Lenovo laptop won't start until and unless i move screen up and down
Need solution for my cursor not moving on screen problem
Hi- I have WIndows 8 and the mouse moves but I nothing opens- when I move the cursor way down to bottom of screen, I see a blu
Windows 10 hard freezes when not moving mouse
I have windows XP on my Toshiba laptop. The one around on it The hole screen moves
how to fix curser on Asus laptop windows 10 that moves a bit but has beeping noise all the time & won't click on anything? An
My cursor is not responding, but simply moving on the screen. The laptop is Samsung and Window 7 Installed in it.
I want to move my music files in windows media player program from one laptop to another. Can't I just connect a usb to usb ca
How to fix the built in mouse on my Dell inspirion 3800 it does not move at all I have Windows xp
Can't get Asus X551C notebook PC windows 8 to boot windows has black screen with an arrow that can be moved with mouse
my samsung laptop is stuck on configuring windows update 15%...can't get it to move or get off my screen. i need my laptop f
Move an old HDD w/ windows 7 installed to a new laptop as a storage drive
Camera unstable moving horizontally after windows 10 installation

ASK THE COMMUNITY