Mozilla Delays Firefox 7 Update Due to Add-on Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
I'm using 7 and it didn't hide or have any impact on my 2 add-ons (adlock plus and telemetry), but still, isn't this exactly why Beta versions are releases, to catch this sort of screw-ups? No big deal, it's just more embarrassing than anything else.

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
While really the only add-on I ever use is AdBlock+, I just took a look at my extensions and apparently Java Console 6.0.26 is not compatible with FF7. Doesn't seem like it has affected my browsing at all, but still.

It seems like all FF is doing is alienating it's user base by trying to keep up with Chrome. I have been a FF user since 2004 and have never seen so many problems until now with it's newly updated number scheme.

Maybe it's that FF is having issues trying to be the best with Chrome out now. I am not fully sure, but I am not liking it. There may be a day where I don't use FF anymore if Mozilla doesn't get it's act together.

And from the HTML5 games I have messed around with, Chrome is a bit faster in that aspect.

I'm being told that java console isn't working but I have been having 0 issues and the browser is much snappier than 6 ...adblock plus, forecastfox and everything else appe3ars to be working

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
Are extensions add ons? Because all of mine are working fine, Adblock +, Firebug, Noscript, Flashblock, yes I hate pop windows and crap.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
maybe it's the damm flash again...

I've been watching Mission:Impossible on Amazon and Firefox uses around 1.3GB of memory including Plug-in Container after about 2 hours of use...

better memory management my butt...

at least I'm sticking with Firefox because of Adblock+, FastestFox, and DownloadHelper...

although the Java Console is still not working even after the latest update...

jsheridan

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
wouldn't it be easier to just have techs travel to the 5 FireFox user's home and fix the problem in person rather than pushing out another update?

G

I use 10 add-ons and all of them are working perfectly. This has to be quite a specific situation because otherwise it would have been detected during beta or aurora stages.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
For whatever reason, I have Firefox 7 installed on my computer, but I do my browsing with Nightly about 99% of the time. Very few websites don't cooperate, which force me to bust out IE9. I wish Firefox would just already release a 64-bit version of their browser, instead of something that's a test.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
This is what happens when you have an awfully rushed cycle that no one but the marketing group agrees with.

Hopefully the Mozilla Foundation will learn from this.

G

I'm running 7.01 so I'm assuming that the problem is taken care of.

dickcheney

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
[citation][nom]cookoy[/nom]is this something we should expect more often from the rapid release schedule - less thorough testing - quantity for quality?[/citation]

Think about the big sweet inflated number! Must boost the precious!

Status
Not open for further replies.