Mozilla Launches Firefox 4 Bug Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
It makes no difference who releases what first - these are free products and users can switch at the drop of a hat! Not to mention, loyalty (for better or worse), will be the main deciding factor. I've been really happy with all the Firefox betas they have been releasing and no matter what, I'm not going to go over to IE9 just because it's the first pie out of the oven. Over the years I've tried pretty much all the browsers, but Firefox remains my favourite (though I did use Chrome for quite a while about a year ago). Anyways, better deliver a good product than to merely meet deadlines. We all know how it works out when the release date trumps over-all quality. I prefer quality.

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
finally, ff3 has been working slower and slower, as well as windows xp.
It seems they have done some updates on purpose to make it easier for the active ff (3) to phase out.
Best ff version was still ff2, which is unfortunately very hard to get, save from the ff archive servers.

wribbs

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
I will use the next major browser released for a full year exclusively, whichever is first!

Seriously though who cares. It's not like once they release a major revision development stops. Looking forward to 4.1!

Deathpenalty for spammers, amirite?

captaincharisma

Distinguished
i hope they fix the issue that slowing down this web page for me i had to switch to opera to use this website comfortably again. i know FF4 is beta so i'm not worried about it and will keep up with the updates

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]its ok mozilla. take your time. but once its released, i expect it to be nothing less than perfect, even if i'm not paying a penny for it.[/citation]
It seems that more and more people feel the same way, we want perfectly working software, and we want it free. I kinda feel the same way, but I don't get as upset when a free program crashed compared to when a payed one (like IE) does.

I've been waiting for FF4 for a long time, and my FF3 is getting slower and slower, and I keep looking at others (Chrome) and how fast they're getting, but I still hold on to my trusty FF3. but not for long.

G

Memory saving patches got a wave of complaints? Did I read that right?

G

I downloaded Firefox 4. I thought it was an update. Now my web pages don't display correctly.

How do I fix??

http://akmk.com Image sample pages. Text all misaligned. They display correctly in Text Wrangler. They used to display correctly in the old Firefox.

Help please. ci@akmk.com

Status
Not open for further replies.