Mozilla Publishes a New Vision For Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Nice double speak, but that's besides the point. The problem is they are pushing this bullshit version number scheme like Google Chrome did to catch up with all the numbers of their competitors, and that the updates are FORCED. Nobody gives a damn about them trying to stay on top of things, that's what made them the top dog in the first place when IE was so damn slow in fixing problems. People don't like to be told what to do even if your browser kicks ass or once did.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
well lets see here.

firefox, the reason to use it over all other options, less memory use, and extentions.
every new version, uses more memory, isnt compatible with old extensions till they are rewritten/included.

firefox gearing up to version update every 3 month = killing all the support they got.

im sticking with firefox 3.5.17 until my extentions no longer work or all my extentions work in (newest version ff here) and memory use is at the same level as 3.5

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
So, basically....Mozilla is out to completely obliterate any support for their browser....while irritating the piss out of customers. An accelerated release schedule doesn't mean a new, better browser faster....just means more bugs more often.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]bison88[/nom]Nice double speak, but that's besides the point. The problem is they are pushing this bullshit version number scheme like Google Chrome did to catch up with all the numbers of their competitors, and that the updates are FORCED. Nobody gives a damn about them trying to stay on top of things, that's what made them the top dog in the first place when IE was so damn slow in fixing problems. People don't like to be told what to do even if your browser kicks ass or once did.[/citation]
Yup. Chrome deserves to have, idk, version number 2.0?

gamebrigada

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
Only problem I have with this....
"HEY DID YOU INSTALL THE NEW FIREFOX, ITS THE SHIT."
"NO WHAT VERSION IS IT?"
"ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!"
Yeah... won't be long...

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
i chose firefox over IE because i wanted the fastest, lightest, most standards compliant web browser. i have no idea what they're talking about connecting to apps and people. i just wanted a damn good browser.

Humans think

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
Nevertheless Firefox remains my first choice. As long as they provide me with control over what i want to share and how I want to interact with the web, that won't change

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
This is just the same-old same-old. I find it ironic how the product of their crusade against a closed platform has now resulted in millions using the open browser to access closed, proprietary apps/social media tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.