Mozilla Wants to Help You Learn Code with Webmaker Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
This is great, I love it when companies take the lead like this.... I remember the other project that involved kids as well...

Sadly, our education system is much too broken to accommodate new learning trends. Hell, it can barely do traditional classes at this time.....

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
I wish there would have been more classes when I was in high school (03-07) for coding as I am now having to learn it.

It's sad that companies have to take the initiative to get people learning and enjoying it.

Prescott_666

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
Let me say something that will drive the lefties completely nuts. They will think it is elitist or something, but it is true.

You have to be smart to learn to code. Not only can dumb people not learn to do it, average people can't learn to do it either.

It's like no child left behind. Dumb kids can't keep up with smart kids. The only way to keep them together is by holding back the smart kids.

When I was in school many years ago there were 5 tracks. The retarded kids who rode the little busses to their own schools, the slow kids who took the "Vocational" track, the average kids who made up the big track in the middle, the bright kids who took the "Academic" track, and then the even smarter kids who went to the magnet schools, if there was one, or who were in the "Honors" classes if there wasn't.

Only the "Academic" track kids and "Honors" track kids can learn to code. The other will just spin their wheels.

G

Hey Prescott, learn to spell before you make comments about the intelligence of others. It's buses not busses.

Status
Not open for further replies.