MSFT Project Pink (Phone) Rumors Get a Refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
just stick a gps native receiver in there to work with any mapping software and Not by triangulation (out of data=out of luck) and please do not lock it to a specific carrier and I will be all over it; and BTW it should have a user-replaceable battery, as these things tend to drain them a lot...

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
I don't think a Microsoft branded phone could compete in this market place...they would have an amazingly difficult uphill battle.

MrF430

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
[citation][nom]major7up[/nom]I don't think a Microsoft branded phone could compete in this market place...they would have an amazingly difficult uphill battle.[/citation]

So in other words, dont compete because it might be difficult?...hmm...

frozenlead

Distinguished
Sounds cool. If it's viable and not the usual Microsoft BS, I'll get one. They seem to have broken the curve of their usual drab somewhat with Windows 7 and the Zune HD. Let's see if they care to continue the trend.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]major7up[/nom]I don't think a Microsoft branded phone could compete in this market place...they would have an amazingly difficult uphill battle.[/citation]

Isn't all of life like that? Guess you should just quit life right now then. "They will have a hard time so they should stop!!!" Is that what you do in real life, just quit when any obstacle gets in your way?

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I might actually consider buying a Zune HD if it could make phone calls. The iPhone isn't the best media player but I'd rather have a phone and an iPod in one then carrying around multiple devices.

MrF430

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
[citation][nom]gregor[/nom]Where did he say that?[/citation]

How do you not see that? Granted it wasnt in those exact words, but the message was clear, unless he meant something totally different than what he typed up, either way its opinion so, its neither wrong nor right...

gregor

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004
Nope it wasnt in those exact words and his message was clear: it would be difficult to compete, not that they shouldn't bother because it would be difficult.

bfstev

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
They got the built in ad supported apps for now. Once microsoft sets up the marketplace im sure the zune HD and a phone if they make one will be flooded with apps. .Net support would go a long way tword that especially if they can get silverlight to work with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.