MSFT's Magic Mouse Hitting Next Month for $70?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Do you think the object in the picture could be a mouse? Let us know!

I would say it is some sort of object constructed of man-made materials. Upon first glance I would have to deduce that a small rodent mammal it is not.

doogansquest

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Windows 7 has been freaking brilliant, so I don't know where all of the "bad ideas only copied" come from. I use both Macs and PC's at work, and I sigh relief whenever I use Windows 7 instead of the Mac OS. W7 is smarter, lighter, and far more flexible. It's also customizable, unlike the Mac OS which tells the user what it can and can't do.

Furthermore, Microsoft released their XBox 360 before the PS3 and the Wii, and they are crushing both in that market.

You people need to get off of the water-cooler, over-generalized diatribe and do a little research. Microsoft is intuitive and ahead of the game in so many respects it isn't even fair. They wouldn't have a borderline monopoly if they didn't. It's not like they were given some unfair head start and just rolled with it. No business could survive that way; no matter how big. Not only are they surviving, but they are way ahead of the others.

roldy

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
Ahh, tech spec(ulation)... I feel right @ home!

It could have (multi-)touch pad functionality too, but Ill surmise that its a 3d mouse, to compete with the Logitech MX air.

randomhero1

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
My first guess is that its still a smartphone. My second guess is a mp3 player. Im going with the smartphone more based on the image.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]norbs[/nom]Provided to you by Apple's R&D dept. Your welcome MS fanboys![/citation]

I hope you mean Logitech....or was it Kensington? I can't remember which it is that actually designs Apple's mouse..

xythrax4420

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
Apple develops mice from the ones they pull out of steve jobs anus. I have been told that richard gere head of their user interface devices research and development team puts them in originally. I have not heard who retrieves them.

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom]Since he's taken over, all Microsoft seems to do is follow ideas from Apple.[/citation]

Right...... like multitouch eh? That thing that apple claimed to invent but did not. MS innovates in many ways and it copies ideas as well. At least they are not straight up liars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-touch

"A breakthrough occurred in 1991, when Pierre Wellner published a paper on his multi-touch “Digital Desk”, which supported multi-finger and pinching motions."

"Various companies expanded upon these inventions in the beginning of the twenty-first century. Mainstream exposure to multi-touch technology occurred in 2007 when the iPhone gained popularity, with Apple falsely stating they 'invented multi touch' as part of the iPhone announcement[12], however both the function and the term predate the announcement or patent requests. Publication and demonstration using the term Multi-touch by Jefferson Y. Han in 2005 predates these.[13] But Apple did give multi-touch wider exposure through its association with their new product and were the first to introduce multi-touch on a mobile device. Microsoft's table-top touch platform Microsoft Surface, which started development in 2001, brought mainstream exposure to multi-touch by influencing the computer interface concept in the 2002 movie Minority Report."

tuc0

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
huh, i clicked on the "zoom". it was the same size? fail.

oh its a usb flash stick, when inserted your pc slows down and crashes after 15 mins, its called mini windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.