jofrel.v.kooi

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017
Hello,
I'm posting this in "Laptop Tech Support" because this AIO is basically a huge laptop.
My All In One MSI AE2220 stopped working a few days ago.
When I turn it on the fan goes to full speed and the power LED is lit. The CPU, GPU and RAM get a bit warm, but there's nothing on screen.
When I plug something in the HDMI or VGA in port the screen works. But there is no sound with the HDMI in port.
I've already tried different RAM and HDD, but till now nothing has worked.
Also my cheap wall power meter says it draws around 25 watt when it's on with the screen blank.

I hope this is fixable. It's my secondary computer and pretty old, so I'm not going to get it repaired. But I do like the FullHD touch screen features.
I'm pretty skilled with computers, just not with all this on board laptop stuff.

jofrel

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from jofrel : "MSI AE2220 not booting, only power LED and fans 100%"

Hello,
I'm posting this in "Laptop Tech Support" because this AIO is basically a huge laptop.
My All In One MSI AE2220 stopped working a few days ago.
When I turn it on the fan goes to full speed and the power LED is lit. The CPU, GPU and RAM get a bit warm, but there's nothing on screen.
When I plug something in the HDMI or VGA in port the screen works. But there is no sound with the HDMI in port.
I've already tried different RAM and HDD, but till now nothing has worked.
Also my cheap wall power meter says it draws around 25 watt when it's on with the screen blank.

I hope this is fixable. It's my secondary computer and pretty old, so I'm not going to get it repaired. But I do like the FullHD touch screen features.
I'm pretty skilled with computers, just not with all this on board laptop stuff.