Msi gaming laptop won’t do nothing but attempt to repair and fail

May 5, 2018
Code:
Stuck in repairing windows/finding problem then finally blue screen loads saying we can’t fix your pc. I can’t boot in any kind of safe mode or anything. I can’t do any kind of reset or hard reset. Or reset using msi default. I tried all the bypass options and it will not allow me to do anything. It’s an msi I’m assuming custom laptop. Practically a desktop it weights about 30 pounds. I can’t remove the battery like most standard laptops. I paid about $4,900 for it. I do have geek squad protection in it but I’m just about positive it’s a scam.

I tried googling forums and everything people say works for them I can’t d. Even when I try to load safe mode it stays there for maybe a second then restarts doing this same old loop.

When I try the 3 available resets hard, soft I’m assuming is the name, and msi same error message. We can not reset your computer. This is annoying and it’s a gaming laptop and now I’m dealing with this. I would appreciate any help if this is a fix I can do on my own. This problem just arose out of no where.

When going through msi recovery I get this: recovery manager pop up Reagentc.exe set os image false
Windows recovery failed after hitting okay

Full pc reset to factory :
There was a problem resetting your pc

May 5, 2018
The only way I can. Turn computer on immediately attempts to repair then goes into a blue screen with all the options of how I want to start up safe mode etc turn off instant malewate or something like that. It’s the advanced startup menu I think. I can change firm ware settings repair windows etc load command prompt etc. So I guess saying the computer won’t even start up is the right thing to say. After the look it takes me to the other screen where I can choose start up methods etc.

May 5, 2018
No I wish I could upload a video. I hit the power button computer turns on immediately starts attempting to repair and fails. That’s all it does.

The wipes are standard I’m assuming keeps your files etc the 2nd called full wipe completely removes everything and deletes everything else, and the 3rd was the msi reset. All 3 give me problems

DSzymborski

Distinguished
At this point, you can't get into any of the built-in processes, so you need to do the install the normal way. If you have data you can't afford to lose, you'll have to open up the laptop and take out the hard drive and hook it up to another PC with an enclosure. You also want to track down all your laptop drivers and get them onto a USB stick.

May 5, 2018
I don’t have much at all just a few games and programs for the games. Only thing I can say I care about if I do would be the stuff of came from manufacturer unless I can some how redownload it.

Only problem is 1. I don’t have a 2nd computer I guess I could probably buy one then return it. 2. I’m not really that good with the technical stuff. I’m good with some things but as far as what your saying to me i usually just make the problem worse.

So I really don’t have much at all I can just redownload my 2 games and the addons other then that there’s nothing I really downloaded. So I never downloaded anything really think I only downloaded maybe 5-6 programs.

May 5, 2018
But as far as doing the install the normal way how do I get around this or would I just get a new hard drive and freshly install windows? To be honest most things I use run better in newer operating systems but even windows 10 I hate. Was excited for it st first until I realized it was just windows 8 all over again. I loved windows 7 hated all the new ones.

DSzymborski

Distinguished
Honestly, I think you're better off bringing it to a local shop at this point. At the risk of sounding harsh, if simply trying to do a basic install of an operating system is a daunting task, I'm not comfortable enough with your knowledge level to risk trying to walk you through this online. Do you have any friends/acquaintances who are a bit more comfortable with this kind of stuff?

May 5, 2018
Don’t have any. I installed a os before just as a fresh install never after a problem like this. I meant as far as doing stuff straight in command prompt mother’s boards etc. depending on the steps to completely start a fresh install I could probably do it. The only time I installed a is I think was windows 8 and all I did was put the new hard drive in started computer and installed the operating system in disc and that was it but didn’t have any other pre downloaded programs but it was fine. To my understanding though at least to geek squad the msi factor apps are a must have. They control everything or make things less time consuming and easier such as I think dragon center then updates everything and a program that automatically updates the drivers and repairs them. And you can optimize the performance for each game. Control the performance and fan speeds etc with another.