MSI gaming

Jul 30, 2019
Working on my desk setup with the MSI GS 65 stealth series laptop. Just purchased a 32” LG 144 Hrz free sync monitor. I’ve run off the thunderbolt 3 port to a dock. Display port to the monitor from the dock. Having some issues now. Windows 10 is the OS. My question: MSI has native control apps, the monitor does too. Then there’s GSync, and now my head starts to spin. Would it be best to control display settings from only one control source? Thanks!

Working on my desk setup with the MSI GS 65 stealth series laptop. Just purchased a 32” LG 144 Hrz free sync monitor. I’ve run off the thunderbolt 3 port to a dock. Display port to the monitor from the dock. Having some issues now. Windows 10 is the OS. My question: MSI has native control apps, the monitor does too. Then there’s GSync, and now my head starts to spin. Would it be best to control display settings from only one control source? Thanks!

There is no harm in doing adjustments at the monitor and at the video card driver side both if you want. Try some things, see how you like the setup.