MSI GE60 2PE Apache Pro stuck on MSi splash screen and can't enter BIOS

SYY999

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015
Hi, i got a serious problem,
i tried to format my laptop and install a new windows. So i restart my laptop and keep pressing F11, then i choose my bootable USB-Stick (worked on my Desktop Computer) and it fails booting it and shows some windows recovery stuff. I turned off the laptop by tapping the power button. Then i tap it again to turn it on again and it stucks... it won't even load my windows.

I open my laptop and took the HDD, SSD and the ODD out (i have only 1 RAM stick so i leave it in there), and it still stucks. Then i did a CMOS reset, by taking out the CMOS Battery for like 5min and put it back in. After restarting the laptop I had access to the BIOS. I changed nothing and just hit exit and it still stucks... not even BIOS is working anymore. After another CMOS reset it still doesn't let my go into the BIOS. So what's going on here?

Thanks in advance

Solution
Hi,

The fact that the laptop was still stuck on the MSI splash screen without the HDD/SSD that means it's a problem with the motherboard (don't know specifically which part but may need some flashing). Please do contact the manufacturer right away if it's still under the factory warranty and have them service the laptop.
Hi,

The fact that the laptop was still stuck on the MSI splash screen without the HDD/SSD that means it's a problem with the motherboard (don't know specifically which part but may need some flashing). Please do contact the manufacturer right away if it's still under the factory warranty and have them service the laptop.

Solution

SYY999

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015

thanks for your reply. So my worst fear became true :ouch:

SirHayes

Commendable
Mar 21, 2016

Hello mate,

Did you ever solve this problem? I have the exact same problem now with the exact same model .. after an Windows update :-(

:bounce: