Msi GE70 2QE Apache Pro Stuttering When Plugged In Wihout the Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe95

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
Hello guys. I need your help to solve my problem. I owned the MSI GE70 2QE Apache pro model. And yeah during plugged in + battery inside the laptop all the games can be played smoothly with extra fps but the temperature of the GPU exceed until 93'C maximum. Is this normal ? Or it will harm my laptop ? Then I plugged in the laptop without the battery. All games became stuttering and lag at every 2 - 3 minutes and had fps drop. So what I should I do to solve my problem ?

Solution
I have seen the same issue happen without a battery in several of my laptops also, power settings did not fix things since they were already set to max performance. If you want to get the system cooler you can take it apart, get some good thermal paste, and re-do the heatsinks with that.
I have seen the same issue happen without a battery in several of my laptops also, power settings did not fix things since they were already set to max performance. If you want to get the system cooler you can take it apart, get some good thermal paste, and re-do the heatsinks with that.

Solution

Alex_262

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
My understanding of the problem is that the 100 watt power brick is simply incapable of supplying the (occasional) instant power requirements of the GPU and CPU. the TDP on the I7-6700 in my GE62 is 47 watts. The GPU is well over that, I'm not sure exactly what. the battery provides the juice for when the power draw spikes past 100 watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.