MSI GP62 2QD Leopard VS.ACER Aspire E 15 (ES-553-17JH)

Mar 29, 2018
Hello All, I recently purchased the aspire thinking it was the best i was going to find in my price range and then of course after i buy it my friend offers me his old gaming laptop (MSI) for less than what i spent on the acer. From what i can tell they both have similar specs except the msi has a better screen, dedicated gpu and an intel proocessor (im a bit intel bias) i purchased a new ssd with the acer to compliment my snappy new computer but could i have a better computer if i put the ssd in the msi? Im not huge into videogames but i like having the option. Which of the two is the better laptop?

Solution
The MSi would crush the Acer. The AMD processor doesn't have any L3 cache, only supports 2 extension (Fma4 and AES), and has a lower clock speed.

If battery life is what your after then the 15w AMD will outlast the 45w Intel everyday when running both at full bore.

popatim

Splendid
The MSi would crush the Acer. The AMD processor doesn't have any L3 cache, only supports 2 extension (Fma4 and AES), and has a lower clock speed.

If battery life is what your after then the 15w AMD will outlast the 45w Intel everyday when running both at full bore.

Solution