MSI GS43VR only charges when off or idle.

Sep 25, 2018
Dear whom it may concern,

I have had this laptop for about a year now and it worked fine until one day I was playing tekken the laptop stopped charging and would continuously charge then stop and charge then stop. I went to get it repaired and the guy confidently said that the AC adaptor and charger had no problem and that it was likely a faulty battery. I have replaced the battery to a new one but the problem still persists. The laptop charges fine when it is off or when I am not doing anything intensive such as just browsing the web. However, if I open multiple tabs on chrome or launch a game, the problem happens again. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could tell me what's going on :/

Thanks!

Johnabcs1

Estimable
Nov 21, 2015
Have you also tried other cords?

If this doesn't work, try uninstalling the battery driver and reinstalling it through Device Manager. If you need help with this, just ask! :D

Sep 25, 2018

I have tried uninstalling the battery driver and reinstalling it but it didn't change anything. Unfortunately, i don't have access to any other cords so I'm not sure haha. Although, I have tried removing the battery and running the laptop only on cord power but soon after I booted the laptop, it just shuts down :/ Could this be a symptom of a faulty charger? or would it be related to the internals of the laptop

Johnabcs1

Estimable
Nov 21, 2015

Have you tried other outlets? Also, has there been any hardware changes?

TRENDING THREADS