Solved! MSI GS63VR 7RG Chassis Flex Outward Above the Keyboard Area

Oct 17, 2020
Hi,

I have here is the MSI GS63VR 7RF. There is a flex on the laptop's chassis above the keyboard. I have previously checked the battery and it is not swollen. So, any idea what is the cause of it being flex outward? Since that area seems to be the CPU, GPU chip and heatsink.

I'm sorry that i do not know how to attach an image on to this forum, so here's the link to the image.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fKa_f0jIi6Tm5dIWS4ZGqdPduarTvUXG/view
view

Reactions: DALIGUY
Solution
I'm stumped. If the bulge just appeared and the machine hasn't been taken apart or dropped, I can't see what could cause that. Did is sit in direct sunlight in a hot car perhaps? The cooling pipes are sometimes filled with a liquid that transfers heat. Maybe that expanded though I have never heard of such a thing. I would probably pull the cover back off and see if you can spot anything that seems to be pressing against the case. Use anti-static (ESD) precautions when you open up the machine.
Oct 17, 2020
Didn't drop the laptop before. It bulge before I opened up the laptop back cover to check on the battery. The most I did is only open the laptop back cover and follow back the original position for all the screws when I screw it back since some of them have different length.

It is kind of weird to bulge at that area since from the disassemble video, that area is where the GPU, CPU & the head pipe is.

I'm stumped. If the bulge just appeared and the machine hasn't been taken apart or dropped, I can't see what could cause that. Did is sit in direct sunlight in a hot car perhaps? The cooling pipes are sometimes filled with a liquid that transfers heat. Maybe that expanded though I have never heard of such a thing. I would probably pull the cover back off and see if you can spot anything that seems to be pressing against the case. Use anti-static (ESD) precautions when you open up the machine.

Reactions: DALIGUY
Solution
Could be a bent keyboard. When did this show up? You just opened it and it was there or did it slowly develop? I've seen this happen after taking a system apart and not pushing things down properly, say if there are clips to click in, when it's just bulging with nothing under it pushing up could be warped plastic.