MSI GT70 2PE Dominator auto switch between gpu

brigades

Estimable
Dec 18, 2015
Hey guys, i'm having a difficult time after updating the windows 10 to pro. The main problem is that my laptop gpu won't switch back to hd graphics on low demanding actions like youtube/movies/desktop idle etc. it remains on the gtx 880m, as some may know this laptop has a bright white led on the power button that indicates the integrated graphics is working in real time and also it has a red led that indicated the dedicated gpu is active. So far i tried nvidia control panel - manage 3d settings - global settings - graphic processor - auto select. Still the same the gtx 880m is active, before the update everything worked well, but now ehmm is not. I googled like 2h and didn't find a right answer to my problem, a friend of mine told me that some people here are pro and if i could get help this will be the place, don't let down my friend xD

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try that may help in solving the issue,
- Start by doing a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall NVIDIA graphics.
- Open Program and Features then uninstall anything related to NVIDIA graphics.
- Download and install the latest driver there is.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx.
- Reboot the laptop once installed.
- Next is to set your games or application that requires your high graphics with NVIDIA processor.
- Here's how to set it:
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/kw/setting%20nvidia%20as%20the%20graphics%20card

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try that may help in solving the issue,
- Start by doing a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall NVIDIA graphics.
- Open Program and Features then uninstall anything related to NVIDIA graphics.
- Download and install the latest driver there is.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx.
- Reboot the laptop once installed.
- Next is to set your games or application that requires your high graphics with NVIDIA processor.
- Here's how to set it:
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/kw/setting%20nvidia%20as%20the%20graphics%20card

brigades

Estimable
Dec 18, 2015
Hey nerd & shado thanx for the replies i will try your nvidia unistall later on today but idk if thats the real prob xD
@shado

le. no external monitor. Guys as i said i updated the windows thats the only change that happend.

brigades

Estimable
Dec 18, 2015

gg new nvidia update came out and fixed it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Laptop Tech Support 0
P Laptop Tech Support 7
E Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 4
P Laptop Tech Support 5
M Laptop Tech Support 5
J Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
O Laptop Tech Support 3
G Laptop Tech Support 1