It has pretty nice powerhouse
Intel Core i7-4870HQ
32GB RAM
2X128GB SSD RAID 0+1TB HDD
GTX 980M 8GB VRAM
Win 8.1 64bit
Killer Wireless Card 1525
-----
When downloading games like Call of Duty Advanced Warfare (around 40GB), the whole system just lags so bad that opening a simple web page can be painfully slow, also the audio and video would be stutter really bad, generally as long as it keep downloading you can't run any programs without a long wait and slow reactions.
The downloading speed is around 15MB/S and I have Killer 1525 Wireless card, and the download is on SSD not on HDD, also the system is installed on SSD, the HDD is just for data.
1. I have disabled anti-virus, but still the same
2. I have updated all windows updates, same lagging
3. According to task manager, during heavy lagging, the CPU usage is only 20%, RAM is around 3GB/32GB, the system SSD is under very light pressure.
I used to have the same problem on Alienware 13 laptop which I have returned due to this issue. But consider the MSI is newly produced, so I have no idea what to do!
During game play maxed out on Far Cry 4, Battlefield 4 there is no lagging at all, this only happens during downloading.
Please help me,
Thank you guys

Solution
The problem is probably bandwidth control in your killer wireless suite. Any game related item gets the majority of bandwidth sent to it at the expense of all other applicaions. Try using the app manager in the killer software included with your laptop.

Morten Jespersen

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
it could be a driver issue. i personally don't have the best experience with the killer net drivers.

it was once giving me blue screen of death every time i played arma 3. and it didn't let me update at all which lead to countless uninstalls and eventually corrupted the driver and forever broke the driver completely so no matter what i did it wouldn't work. got fixed after a reinstall of windows.

safetymedic

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
The problem is probably bandwidth control in your killer wireless suite. Any game related item gets the majority of bandwidth sent to it at the expense of all other applicaions. Try using the app manager in the killer software included with your laptop.

Solution