Msi gt72s 6qe dominator pro s battery problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andre_60

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
I have this laptop for over a year, i always leave it charged and cooled, but yesterday it said that it was plugged in but not charging. It ran out of juice now it wont turn on. I've confirmed that its not the charger, so it leaves me the battery. I need this laptop fixed asap, but no stores in town have the battery. Do you know how long it takes and how much it costs to send it back to the builder? Or can i ask to remove the battery and just keep it plugged to the ac charger? Btw the battery is integrated so i cannot do it myself

How have you confirmed it isn't the charger cord? I ask because, if it isn't the cord, then the laptop should be able to run with the cord only, as long as the battery isn't in. I would try that.

Also, if a cord is damaged (and you may not see the actual damage) it can cause it to not allow enough power to get through to both charge the device and power it. If that is the case, it will just shut down.

NOTE: While you can fun it from the charger only, without the battery in, it is not advisable to do so for extended periods.

Andre_60

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016

The charger works on other laptops. And other chargers dont work on my laptop. If the laptop actually works without battery it would be perfect. Im in a bit of a pickle cause i need this week paycheck for rent, but i also have little to do without my laptop. If it can hold for 2 weeks it would be perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.