Msi gt72s not turning on

Betaros

Estimable
Oct 16, 2015
So I just got my brand new msi gt72s pro and try to turn it on. Well, it doesn't turn on, only the gth light flashes. So I open the back to look around and I see the empty port thinking that it may be the problem. But I have no idea what is supposed to connect to it. It is labeled con 9 and has 14 pins. Any ideas?

Solution
Hi,

As far as I know for a part of a laptop that has 14 pins is the display cable. I would suggest taking it back to the store where you purchased it from because it's not normal for a laptop to do such thing, it might just give you headache in the future if you'll keep it.
Hi,

As far as I know for a part of a laptop that has 14 pins is the display cable. I would suggest taking it back to the store where you purchased it from because it's not normal for a laptop to do such thing, it might just give you headache in the future if you'll keep it.

Solution

Betaros

Estimable
Oct 16, 2015

I figured out that it wasn't working because I put in my 950 pro ssd, and with out it it works fine, now I'm tying to figure out what's wrong with the 950 pro.