Msi gt72s not turning on

Betaros

Estimable
Oct 16, 2015
So I just got my brand new msi gt72s pro and try to turn it on. Well, it doesn't turn on, only the gth light flashes. So I open the back to look around and I see the empty port thinking that it may be the problem. But I have no idea what is supposed to connect to it. It is labeled con 9 and has 14 pins. Any ideas?

Hi,

As far as I know for a part of a laptop that has 14 pins is the display cable. I would suggest taking it back to the store where you purchased it from because it's not normal for a laptop to do such thing, it might just give you headache in the future if you'll keep it.

Hi,

As far as I know for a part of a laptop that has 14 pins is the display cable. I would suggest taking it back to the store where you purchased it from because it's not normal for a laptop to do such thing, it might just give you headache in the future if you'll keep it.

Betaros

Estimable
Oct 16, 2015

I figured out that it wasn't working because I put in my 950 pro ssd, and with out it it works fine, now I'm tying to figure out what's wrong with the 950 pro.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Laptop Tech Support 0
Frogeriz Laptop Tech Support 2
Anyounmous Laptop Tech Support 0
Ryun1975 Laptop Tech Support 2
kenzomenzo Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 5
B Laptop Tech Support 6
A Laptop Tech Support 14
M Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
Prikster Laptop Tech Support 0