MSI GT73VR returned due to keyboard problem- advice please

Talven

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
I bought an MSI GT73VR Titan Pro 201 and loved everything about it but ended up returning it due to keystrokes occasionally not registering. Trying to game with my wasd and space bar randomly failing just wasn't happening.

Looking around I really don't see anything I like as well except the Asus G701VI but I do worry about heat with the Asus, the GT73VR stayed reasonably cool at 120fps. Most websites seem to have the G701VI as a pre-order anyway so maybe it's not out yet?

I am considering reordering the MSI in the hopes that I just had bad luck and got a dud. I currently don't have a computer to game on so I don't want to wait for more GTX1080 models to release. I do want the 1080 GPU but not SLI as I don't want to deal with the two power supplies. I prefer a 120hz screen. I have a budget of $5000.00 or so.

Does anyone have any experience with the MSI steel series keyboards, good or bad? Should I try again? How about heat and Asus gaming laptops? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Solution
ASUS laptops usually have great cooling solutions(Specially the ROG series)
I can't comment on the MSI keyboards because i haven't used them.

Romas86

Commendable
Feb 15, 2016
hey talven,
I bought the msi gt73vr 6re-023 titan 1070 and found the steel series space bar annoying...but like anything you get used to. Just a question why the 1080 unless you plan to output it to 4K but I use it for work and it doesn't miss a beat the 1070 even did a 11hr solid session got to 75 degrees Celsius. But in advice for other laptops asus keeps as cool as the msi. As a previous Alienware owner I find they feel more sturdy but lack cooling but have the better customer service with dell