MSI GX60 Built-in Webcam not Detected, no drivers available!

jambear

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
My new MSI GX60 is supposed to have a 720p webcam built in, but Skype, Windows Movie Maker and Cyberlink Youcam 5 all say there is no webcam. I am really bummed out that the webcam isn't detected, I tried installing windows 7 too and seeing if it would work there, but no luck. Please help! The MSI website also has no drivers available saying they are integrated.

Joe_157

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016

Thank you! I have been looking everywhere for the solution and couldn't find anything! This was so simple...

Woojung

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017

that worked for me too haha ty so much

Kathie-romaine

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017

I have similar problem with my MSI PE60 6QE there are no imaging device nor camera in the device manager. any more..windows 10 upgrade wiped them out cant find a fix nor drivers to repair /replace missing drivers or built in software...is big headache when family wants to video cam on skype, fb messenger, or google...

iprovn

Prominent
Sep 21, 2017

thank you so much! i try install driver and read many method but just need Fn+F6

Jul 12, 2018
I can't believe the Windows error messages really implied that there was something horribly wrong with my system, that I was missing drivers that I then couldn't find online, AND ALL IT WAS, WAS FN-F6! Thank you so much to the poster who suggested it.