MSI hard drive cage/caddy/whatever it is

Hmb556

Estimable
Feb 20, 2014
I'm wanting to add a second hard drive to my MSI GT60-2oc (laptop), but I need a hard drive cage or caddy or whatever it's called that you mount the hard drive in and then screw into the laptop. Where can I get one of these at?

Solution

I have no idea, I was surprised at how hard it is to find that little cage, I just keep getting hits for optical drive bay cages like I linked you earlier.

Im surprised that the laptop didn't come with the cage needed for it's second slot. Maybe it's designed to where it doesn't need a cage and you can screw the HDD directly in? If not I guess just keep cruising google and hope you get some feedback from MSI.

Hmb556

Estimable
Feb 20, 2014
I don't want to replace the optical bay, it already has a second bay inside for a second hard drive, I just need something to secure the hard drive to the motherboard

Hmb556

Estimable
Feb 20, 2014
Do you know if that will be compatible with my laptop? Just curious because it's made by Asus and I have MSI. On a side note, I emailed the sales guys at MSI asking them the same thing.

burdenbound

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011

I have no idea, I was surprised at how hard it is to find that little cage, I just keep getting hits for optical drive bay cages like I linked you earlier.

Im surprised that the laptop didn't come with the cage needed for it's second slot. Maybe it's designed to where it doesn't need a cage and you can screw the HDD directly in? If not I guess just keep cruising google and hope you get some feedback from MSI.

Solution

Hmb556

Estimable
Feb 20, 2014
I bought it used and it didn't come with a second one installed. I took the back of it off to see if it had one, the main hard drive does have some sort of bracket thing to mount it, so I'll see what the guys at MSI have to say. Thanks for your help :)