Solved! MSI laptop won't start up and battery lamp blinks orange

Status
Not open for further replies.

toystory2000

Prominent
Oct 7, 2017
My old MSI laptop (3-4 years) suddenly crashed while i was playing wow, it had a tendency to get quite hot when playing for 2 hours+.

The problem is that it will no longer start up at all, so i tried a few things:

Unplugged power cord and took out battery, held power button for 30 sec+ and tried to start.
Connected external monitor to check if it was a display issue.
Used a different power cord

None of the above has worked, so i fear it might be the motherboard that's getting too old.

Feel free to give me and others any suggestions to solve this issue, so we can get back to playing our games!
Thank you!

Solution
Well with the charger you would have to try using another one on your device (one that is correct for it it) and/or try yours on another device. Another way to check is to see if it will charge when off, but not when on. If that is the case, then the charger may well not be putting out the right amount of power and needs to be replaced.

However, due to the blinking light and the other info in your description, I would seriously consider a battery replacement.

If the device is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer. If it isn't you can either try doing the work yourself, or contact a local tech.
Well with the charger you would have to try using another one on your device (one that is correct for it it) and/or try yours on another device. Another way to check is to see if it will charge when off, but not when on. If that is the case, then the charger may well not be putting out the right amount of power and needs to be replaced.

However, due to the blinking light and the other info in your description, I would seriously consider a battery replacement.

If the device is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer. If it isn't you can either try doing the work yourself, or contact a local tech.

Solution

toystory2000

Prominent
Oct 7, 2017

Thank you, i guess I'll try out a new battery..

Status
Not open for further replies.