camhb123

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
Hi this is my first post on here, I'm looking for a new laptop to serve my CAD needs for my course whilst also being able to play games, I have a budget of around £1200. I have narrowed my options down to the following:
MSI GP72MVR 7RFX
HP OMEN 17-w203na
I'm mostly unsure about the trade-off between ram and v-ram as well as the fact that that the HP features G-sync unlike the MSI.
Any thoughts and suggestions appreciated :)

n0ns3ns3

Commendable
May 25, 2016
6GB of VRAM is important advantage. also the system RAM can be added/upgraded later at any point by you at home. so definitely HP

hj_beans

Prominent
Oct 16, 2017
The HP model you're looking at is the 2016 model, they've replaced that with a late 2017 model which I own and is a good laptop, it's quick, plays F1 2017 really well, you need to buy it with the 120hz screen as the other two options are poor. The only caveat is the i7 runs hot - mine on load averages 80c (which seems normal but the keyboard gets hot, this however probably is comparable to other gaming laptops) however once off load it cools down very quickly. I really like the casing on these (personal preference) and it's just a nice unit.

http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/List.aspx?sel=NTB&ctrl=f&fc_sb_omen_by_hp=1 (for the 2017 models) they seem to run £100 off offer pretty frequently.