MSI windows 10 laptop will not boot after attempting safe mode

Liam Goss

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016
I have an MSI GL62 6QF (I am unable to access the battery because it is behind a panel). I just updated to whatever new windows 10 update is. I had windows 10 and my laptop wanted an update so I did it. The update did download and install. But my audio was screwed up and the quality was unbearable. I searched for hours on how to fix it. I updated my audio driver etc. I then thought it was the update as this hasn't happened before. I looked into getting rid of that update. I read that I was first supposed to boot into safe mode. And what I researched was that in windows 10, one way was to go into system configuration(msconfig. Exe) and click boot and safe mode. I did so and it said restart. I clicked restart. From there the laptop has not gone into safe mode or BIOS or normal boot up or anything. It is stuck at a black screen with the white MSI logo across it. I let it sit for a while. Nothing. Then I held the power button until it was off then let that sit and then I turned it on again. Same result no startup and MSI logo screen. How do I fix this preferably without losing any data. I want to 1. Get the computer to actually run 2. Remove that windows 10 update. Any help is appreciated. Also: I tried to see if the blue indicator light for caps lock etc. is working. It is. I pressed caps lock and it lit up. I have tried all the function keys and ctrl alt del and no results

Solution
try to boot from a usb windows 10 setup to install new windows(will work if you have windows in a differnt partition
if you have only one then try to repair from a win 10 disc or bootable usb flash drive with windows 10
and first of all try a hard reset

ARHAM_2

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016
try to boot from a usb windows 10 setup to install new windows(will work if you have windows in a differnt partition
if you have only one then try to repair from a win 10 disc or bootable usb flash drive with windows 10
and first of all try a hard reset

Solution

Mainmat

Estimable
Aug 17, 2015

Can you explain 'Hard Reset' sir?

TRENDING THREADS