MTP driver failed

Abhishek1025

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
I recently installed windoes 8.1, but when i connect my Galaxy S4 , via usb cable to access my memory card from pc.. no window pops up. In device manager , there exists an MTP icon with a yellow mark.. and phone gives a message saying unable to find software on your pc that can recognize your device service pack 3 etc..... Also windows update shows some failed installation error for MTP device.. plz help me out ..

Solution
Thanks! I installed windows media feature pack for my windows enterprise edition 8.1 and now everything gets connected.. my phone,camera etc.. MTP error resolved! :)

Abhishek1025

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Thanks! I installed windows media feature pack for my windows enterprise edition 8.1 and now everything gets connected.. my phone,camera etc.. MTP error resolved! :)

Solution

In Sider

Estimable
Oct 21, 2014

I had tried tons of proposed solution and it seem doesn't work for my Samsung Note 3. However i finally solve without installing/uninstalling anything.

Problem Solved as following;
1) Reboot phone to Recovery Mode.
2) Wipe Cache Partition.
3) Restart phone and connect to PC.

Bum!!! Window successfully installed your MTP driver.

Abhishek1025

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011

Yess! You are right too! Even your method does work ..
brilliant!
Thanks by the way. .
hope this thread helps others on the forum. .
cheers! :)

Abhishek1025

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011

Yess! You are right too! Even your method does work ..
brilliant!
Thanks by the way. .
hope this thread helps others on the forum. .
cheers! :)

Mlungupokl

Estimable
Feb 2, 2016
Perfect, worked like a charm.
Thanks!

Doc_Chronic

Commendable
Feb 18, 2016

Ohh my god FINALLY. Thanks bro!

Hafiz_gbj

Commendable
Jun 19, 2016

Eddy Azlan

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016

Thanks...its work. But you need to mention to backup all you data + contact first.

Abiaz

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016

Is the upper filter the first folder under ee5cad98..........

Qba

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016

i found a simple fix for this problem hope it helps you and others too:

while at the device manager panel where the device shows a yellow mark:
step 1;right click on the device and click on its property
step 2;go to driver, then click on update driver
3;select on " Browse my computer for driver software
locate and instal driver software manually
4;ignore the browsing option and skip to
" Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.........."
5; you will get a list of compatible drivers, select on the 'MTP USB Device'

...... and there. your device will be recognized again and will go back to working properly!! :)

comment and share if you found this helpful

from. Qba Mwaura

Gopi_12

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016
Thank you so much. I had problems with my Garmin GPS, giving MTP error. I tried installing MTP driver from Microsoft without success. I followed the manual driver installation option and worked like a breeze. Thanks again.

ldc

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010

THANK YOU SO MUCH. This was the best method and worked perfectly for my Moto G2 which stopped working randomly a couple days back with my Windows 10. Just to add, I didn't find MTP USB device in the main list of 'compatible drivers'. I had to find 'android device' and then found 'mtp usb'. Worked liked a charm.

Bill_135

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017
One may find that after you select from a list on my computer, that MTP devices is not there. Do not get frustrated. Look for 'mobile devices' and click on that one. Then you will see the two choices, and one will be the 'mtp usb device'. Click on it and the whole world comes to life with beeps, buzzes, and whoopees. Thank you QBA, you are a genius, and wouldn't you think that Sonymobile support would have known that!

juan.stephan7

Prominent
Jan 18, 2018