Multi-Input, Single-Output A/V Setup Help

Feb 18, 2018
I am in the process of planning a more permanent solution to my computer, consoles, and bedroom cable box setup, and have been trying to identify some ideal components in order to set things up properly. This whole setup will have a custom, handmade desk built around concealing components and smartly wiring things up, so I'm not worried too much about cables and sizes, but I would like things as compact as possible. I'm a small form-factor kind of guy.

The main things I'm trying to figure out and find are as follows:

1: I am looking for a minimum of 4-in, 1-out HDMI 2.0 (preferably 2.0a), HDCP 2.2-compliant switch. I'm fine if there are more than 4 inputs. I want to be able to select the input with a series of buttons (having to do soldering is totally fine by me, but I just don't want to have to use a remote or cycle through each input until I get to the one I want). The ones I've found are either only HDMI 1.4, have no audio extractor (if necessary, see 2), or I'm not a huge fan of how input is selected.

2: For audio, this is where I need the most advice. I'm either looking to have an HDMI to 2.1 audio extractor (taken as either part of the HDMI switch, or as a separate component; my preference is TOSLINK or RCA, but I'm not that knowledgeable in audio stuff, so feel free to make a better recommendation), or a 2K G-Sync monitor which has a high enough quality audio output that it could go into...

3: A high quality 2.1 audio system. I like stereo sound, and don't need anything more for this setup. It's not a "home theater" setup, it's more of a personal theater setup. I'm rocking a nearly 10-year old Bose Companion 2.1 system now, but it's getting a bit outdated, has started crackling, and I'm not a huge fan of only having a 3.5mm input.

Any advice, product recommendations, etc. are appreciated, and I want to apologize in advance if this isn't in the right section. It's not quite home theater, but I thought it was close enough.

Solution
If the receiver doesn't apply any processing to the video there shouldn't be a delay. Make sure it can be defeated if the receiver does have any. This link may help
https://www.reddit.com/r/hometheater/comments/5okt16/do_av_receivers_cause_any_input_lag/
Have you considered using an AV receiver.
It would provide HDMI switching and your 2.1 audio system with the addition of 2 passive speakers and an active subwoofer.
Some will allow control over IP so you can run it from your PC.
http://manuals.denon.com/AVRX2100W/NA/EN/GFNFSYnkuzmnni.php
Many will have an app so you might need an program to run an android app on your PC.
You can use any speaker sub combo you like.

Feb 18, 2018
So yes, I have considered an A/V receiver for this, but my main concern is that I want there to be as little I/O lag as possible, since this will be used for high end PC gaming. I'm not well versed in A/V receivers, or really anything more than just hooking things up, so I don't actually know if it would affect the I/O delay.