Multi Purpose Laptop Wanted!

G

What is your budget?

£600 - £900 (possibly flexible if something amazing is available - also can wait a month or two if new releases are out soon)

What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

I would prefer it to be smaller rather than bigger!

What screen resolution do you want?

No specifications.

Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Desktop replacement if this question means the functionality and storage capacity of a desktop, although again smaller is better!

How much battery life do you need?

Not important

Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Yes! I am a MMOG fan, would like to be able to play Rift, and of course on as high settings as is possible. Have been known to dabble in MW2 and BF2 BC also.

What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)

I want to use my laptop as a Media Centre (hence the size requirement) as well as a gaming PC. I don't need it to be mobile, so as long as it's not like carrying a bag of cement, we're golden. I need a HDMI slot for the TV.

How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

500gb would be great.

If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

No specifics.

How long do you want to keep your laptop?

3 years would be nice (I don't buy graphic intensive shoot em ups or anything).

If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.

Good build/cooling (although I won't be using it for 10 hours a day as I work, at the week ends it will get used more). Any hints about additional cooling would be great!) I'd rather go for quality and durability.

Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

No preference.

What country do you live in?

England

G

Can't seem to edit.

Wanted to say that I've been looking for a few days on a decent laptop that can act as a media centre and also be used for gaming. I'm a bit lost with all of the choice arond and so any advice would be handy.

Thanks in advance.