Multimedia to gaming laptop upgrade

Efword

Estimable
Apr 22, 2015
Hey guys! I recently bought a Asus x552ldv laptop, and I want to upgrade it to make it more useful at gaming. Any suggestions? Money isn't a problem, so any parts compatible with it can be bought. I know it won't get as good as a high end gaming pc, but the powerful it is the better for my gaming experience

Solution
Unfortunately the x series of asus are built for portability which means that the components are not upgradable as it will be soldered. The only thing I can think of that maybe upgradeable is the ram but that won't make that much of a difference as the cpu and gpu are not meant for gaming. Personally I would sell it and buy a laptop that is built for gaming. If you let me know what games you play and a budget, I can let you know what is the best laptop for you.

popatim

Splendid
You cant upgrade basic laptops like that. Even some gaming laptops cant be upgraded beyond the basic ram, cpu, & hdd.
If you want a better gaming experience, and since money isn't a concern, take it back or sell it and buy what you wanted in the first place.
Sorry to be so blunt :-(

Unfortunately the x series of asus are built for portability which means that the components are not upgradable as it will be soldered. The only thing I can think of that maybe upgradeable is the ram but that won't make that much of a difference as the cpu and gpu are not meant for gaming. Personally I would sell it and buy a laptop that is built for gaming. If you let me know what games you play and a budget, I can let you know what is the best laptop for you.

Solution

Efword

Estimable
Apr 22, 2015

Efword

Estimable
Apr 22, 2015
Thank you for the answer. I will play heavily modded minecraft, gta, battelfield, etc. I will pay up to 2000 USD. Although I am thinking on selling the laptop and building a pc