Multiple Laptop charges keep failing - plugged in not charging - HELP!

Kelli3

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015
I have a Dell inspiron 1545 laptop. Ok so I accidentally dropped my laptop causing damage to the adapter jack (the part where the charger goes into the laptop) so I bought a new part and my dad fitted it. I then bought a genuine charger which when plugged in worked fine for just under a month then started saying plugged in not charging, since then I have gone through another 2 chargers (so 3 in total) I have looked to make sure all the wires are ok and there's no damage to the charger or the jack so I'm at a loss. Surely it can't be the chargers and if it were the adapter jack it wouldn' have charged my laptop when I first got the new charges. I'm at my wits end! Oh and it's not my battery before anyone says anything I've checked and it's working fine, my computer is 6 years old too and running on windows 7 , appreciate any help!

Kelli3

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015
I can't afford to send it in to be diagnosed, i could end up sending it in and it cost be hunderds of pounds or i could even send it in and them not even knowing what it is, if i bought another adapter jack would this fix it?