my acer aspire 15 wont let me type in my password. the password bar is not popping up nomatter how many times i restart it, an

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyaradzomahlokozera

Commendable
Feb 13, 2016
hie, my acer laptop wont let me type in my password. the password bar is not apperaing nomatter how many times i restart it. may you please help with possible solutions

Solution
I had this problem today after installing windows 10 and its now fixed.

With laptop on and charger removed, press and hold left shift key, turn laptop off via the power button and switch back on again, then release shift key.
A screen should appear saying loading/patientez. it should load the login screen and the problem should be fixed.
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try logging in again.
- If it doesn't work do try logging in Safe Mode, while the laptop is booting up repeatedly press on F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options and select Safe Mode then press Enter.
- If it doesn't work in Safe Mode you may need to reinstall Windows to solve the issue.
- Here's a step on how to perform a Factory Reset.
- http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/54048-63-restore-acer-aspire-factory-settings

Sean Stewart

Commendable
Feb 27, 2016
I had this problem today after installing windows 10 and its now fixed.

With laptop on and charger removed, press and hold left shift key, turn laptop off via the power button and switch back on again, then release shift key.
A screen should appear saying loading/patientez. it should load the login screen and the problem should be fixed.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.