My Acer Aspire E15 shut off and won't turn back on

Declanfurlong

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015
I got this laptop in winter time, had a few problems with it at first where it would turn on with a blank screen but it became fine, not had a problem since but last night, had been on it a few hours and it just cut off, and now won't even turn back on. Was fine with charge and was even plugged in at the time! The charger light comes on when I plug it in and I left it the whole night and still doesn't work.
Help me please.

Hi,

Your laptop might have overheated when it shuts off by itself that's one safety feature of most computer. Do a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug just the AC adapter for the mean time then try if it will power on if it does you can plug the battery in as well. If that doesn't work try to reseat the RAM, take them off and put them back in properly making sure that they are all seated properly. Lastly, if you see all the light indicators on your laptop (HDD, Wifi etc.) on plug in an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it because if you do it may have something to do with your display.