My acer helios 300's fan is way too loud. Please help me fix it

Willy988

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
Hi,

I just bought an acer helios 300 and even light games and such will make the fan whir like crazy, and it is way too loud to be excusable. I have tried resetting the bios and battery, to no avail. Acer livechat was useless, and ended up telling me to return it. I'd really like to be able to fix the issue myself for many reasons. The laptop itself is perfectly flawless other than this fan which is most likely due to high heats? Any help much appreciated!

Solution
Loud fans kind of come with the territory for gaming laptops. There's so much heat produced and a lot of air is needed to be circulated through the machine to keep things happy.

As noted above, you can use a cooling pad to reduced temps, but this is really just one of those things you'll have to live with. You can also game with headphones on to block the fan noise.

WildCard999

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014
Unless the fan is defective and the noise is louder then normal there's very little you can do besides a RMA. A laptop cooling pad may help with temps thus reducing the fan(s) speed in the laptop which may help a bit with the noise.

ThatVietGuy

Distinguished
Loud fans kind of come with the territory for gaming laptops. There's so much heat produced and a lot of air is needed to be circulated through the machine to keep things happy.

As noted above, you can use a cooling pad to reduced temps, but this is really just one of those things you'll have to live with. You can also game with headphones on to block the fan noise.

Solution