my acer keeps turning on and off by itself.

Jos_38

Estimable
Dec 27, 2015
My acer laptop keeps turning on and off by itself.Earlier I reinstalled windows and tried to upgrade to windows 10 .When it turns on I can see 'acer' logo and 'press F2 to set up' at the bottom of the screen.Pressing F2 doesn't take me to BIOS. Instead I hear a long beep sound and then it restarts. I can also hear some beep sound ( not very loud and not continuos ). Then it turns off and turns on again. By pressing power button continiuosly doesn't help to turn it off. I removed RAM twice,cleaned and put it back to see if that works but no change. Finally I had to remove the battery to turn off the laptop.
Need help !

Jos_38

Estimable
Dec 27, 2015

I was guessing the RAM issue ! So changing the RAM wont solve the issue ?

Jos_38

Estimable
Dec 27, 2015

Thanks for your suggestions.But how do i do that ? it doesn't boot in.acer logo comes and goes off. even I cant access BIOS by pressing F2 !!!!! May I know the purpose why I have to run MemTest86 ? it was just working fine and there was small opening at a corner of the laptop and so I slightly opened backside harddrive cover to close it propoerly and I was thinking it did something with the BIOS battery or harddrive or RAM. because it was fine completely before i did this.
My mind keeps saying motherboard is ok as it was working fine until few hours back. But your points are valid too. can i change the BIOS battery ?

Komayy

Estimable
Dec 19, 2015

1 Beep (No video) Memory refresh failure Bad memory - may be your cause.