Solved! My Acer laptop is stuck on “Resetting this PC 58%”

Oct 5, 2018
Yesterday I decided to, over night, reset my laptop as it has gotten some viruses and I don’t have too much important files on there. I stored my files on a USB and then decided to reset my computer and delete all the files. I also decided to reset my drivers as I installed some stuff that was messing with them. It’s been going for 11 hours now and about an hour ago it got stuck on “Resetting this PC 58%.” It hasn’t budged at all and I can’t tell if it’s still deleting files. I was going to wait another day, because I don’t need my laptop, but if anyone has any better solutions could you please tell me a fix or give me an explanation, thanks.

Solution
Try this...

1. Turn off the laptop.
2. Turn off your WiFi, or take the laptop to an area where there isn't any WiFi. (If connected via Ethernet, unplug it.)
3. Turn on the laptop.
4. Once it fully loads, then turn on your WiFi again.

It should work now. Sometimes (especially in 10) updates, including those that come after a reset, can get the computer stuck. It happens when an update fails, for whatever reason, and the device continually tries to get it to install over and over. Leaving you 'stuck'. Until you take away its ability to continue trying the update, hence the no WiFi, then it should load.
Try this...

1. Turn off the laptop.
2. Turn off your WiFi, or take the laptop to an area where there isn't any WiFi. (If connected via Ethernet, unplug it.)
3. Turn on the laptop.
4. Once it fully loads, then turn on your WiFi again.

It should work now. Sometimes (especially in 10) updates, including those that come after a reset, can get the computer stuck. It happens when an update fails, for whatever reason, and the device continually tries to get it to install over and over. Leaving you 'stuck'. Until you take away its ability to continue trying the update, hence the no WiFi, then it should load.

Solution