my acer laptop screen is black and I cannot access anything on my laptop . How do I fix this ?

Shirley_24

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
When I open my laptop my screen is black and it will not open to its normal screen page. Pressing control/alternate and reset makes no difference. My keyboard lights up and there are 2 green lights on my laptop as I have the power cord plugged in.

I need help as I am hearing impaired and rely on my laptop for communication .
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Solution
Try plugging in an external laptop and see if you can get the screen to show on there. If you can, then the problem is with the laptops display. It could be either the ribbon cable that connects it to the base or it could need the display completely replaced.

You may also want to shine a light on the screen and see if you can see a faint version of your desktop. If you can, the problem is the backlight on the display.

Now if it doesn't show on the external monitor and you get nothing when shining a light on it, then your graphics card is probably shot and needs replacing.
Try plugging in an external laptop and see if you can get the screen to show on there. If you can, then the problem is with the laptops display. It could be either the ribbon cable that connects it to the base or it could need the display completely replaced.

You may also want to shine a light on the screen and see if you can see a faint version of your desktop. If you can, the problem is the backlight on the display.

Now if it doesn't show on the external monitor and you get nothing when shining a light on it, then your graphics card is probably shot and needs replacing.

Solution