My amp powers up but the display only says power

Zodiac Dave

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016
If I unplug and plug back in I am able to turn it on from the button on the amp or the remote. Once it turns on the display says "Power On" and doesn't change. After that I can't even turn it off from the button or the remote and have to unlug it again to turn it off. It is a Pioneer VSX-1027. I just moved it in a new cabinet and had left the cable box on top of it for a few minutes and thought it may be a thermal protection circuit kicking but it has been 30 minutes and it is still doing that,

Any ideas?

Solution
To determine if the problem is in the receiver disconnect all the wiring from the back and turn it back on.
If it still won't work then the problem is internal to the receiver.
If it does turn on normally then connect the speaker wires one pair at a time and turn it back on. One of the wires or speakers could be the problem. Then plug in the inputs one at a time.
To determine if the problem is in the receiver disconnect all the wiring from the back and turn it back on.
If it still won't work then the problem is internal to the receiver.
If it does turn on normally then connect the speaker wires one pair at a time and turn it back on. One of the wires or speakers could be the problem. Then plug in the inputs one at a time.

Solution