My asus laptop keeps crashing.

littlebuckroo777

Prominent
Nov 28, 2017
I have an Asus 2-1 computer that I have had for about 1 year and it keeps crashing. The model number is 00325-80619-52908-AAOEM. This first started about two weeks ago at a starbucks when I was reading a power point slide I had download onto the computer. Now it happens all the time. It happens when I am browsing, playing music, trying to uninstall something, etc. I have tried to uninstall the virus protection that it came with to get a better one and it crashed as I was uninstalling it and did not uninstall. It will first start to work incredibly slowly and then crash and give me a blue screen. It also start up really slowly. I am not sure what to do, I use this computer for school and it is really important I figure out whats wrong, please help?

Solution
Try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will stay on. It won't let you do a lot of things in the mode, but it will let you know if the problem is being caused by hardware or software. If it still happens, it is probably hardware. If it doesn't happen in "Safe Mode" then it is probably software. So you would need to check the computer for viruses, malware, etc. You should also be able to install new antivirus software while the old one is still there. Just try the other first.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a...
Try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will stay on. It won't let you do a lot of things in the mode, but it will let you know if the problem is being caused by hardware or software. If it still happens, it is probably hardware. If it doesn't happen in "Safe Mode" then it is probably software. So you would need to check the computer for viruses, malware, etc. You should also be able to install new antivirus software while the old one is still there. Just try the other first.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

In Windows 7/Vista/XP...

1. Immediately after turning on the computer, or restarting it (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key, repeatedly, in 1 second intervals.

2. The computer will then display hardware information and run a memory test.

3. Next the "Advanced Boot Options" menu will appear.

4. In the "Advanced Boot Options" menu use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking" and press ENTER.

Solution