Question My Asus Vivobook x510uf blacklight keyboard not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2020
I have an Asus vivobook x510uf laptop. anyway, I replaced my laptop keyboard with a brand new blacklight keyboard. but it doesn't work. I tried all bios and atk driver updates. I double-checked if there is a loose connection on my motherboard blacklight keyboard power port. all keyboard keys are working fine. but the only blacklight on-off keys are not working, I don't know what the reason is, I'm tired of finding solutions to this. plz help me with this

The connector may be there (for MB commonality) but it may not be functional. May be disabled in the BIOS or in the actual HW. Geek's suggestion may work but they may have designed a more robust way to disable that function. I know of no practical around that.

PS I like backlit keyboards too! I never buy a laptop that doesn't have that feature....

Apr 1, 2021
Hello,
I had the same problem with an asus vivobook x510. Orginally without backlight keyboard. Then I changed to a keyboard with backlight.
I tried all the methods with bt.exe and bt2.exe to enable that feature in the BIOS. Nothing worked.

Then I found an Russian forum. They fixed the backlight problem with "WBT.exe".
I am not allowed to post the download link here. Search in google for WBT.exe or WBT-314.zip. Or message me.
Mod Edit - Link Removed

1. Unzip the WBT-314.zip folder to "C:". I don't know if that's necessary.
  2. Choose X64 or X86 for your sytem.
  3. Create in that folder a text file. Write in: WBT.exe -C CNFG / W DD 7C
  4. After saving rename the text file from ".txt" to ".bat"
  5. Open the .bat-file. The cmd-window opens briefly and closes again.
  6. The keyboard backlight should work now :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.