My ASUS works fine IF plugged in. The screen flutters if not plugged in. Do I need to replace the battery?

Jun 24, 2018
I have had my ASUS X555L for two years. By the end of one year, I found the battery ran down very quickly - in a couple of hours. It was supposed to last 8-10 hours. Now, it will not run on battery at all. If not plugged in, the screen immediately flutters and you can not access anything. I must have it plugged in to use it. Will replacing the battery help? I have been looking for replacement batteries for this model. I found one, but the review was negative. Does anyone know of a battery that actually works? Hate to have to buy another laptop.

Sounds like you just need a new battery. But don't get an aftermarket one. Yes they are cheaper, but they are also very hit or miss. To easy to get one that really isn't right for the device, or not a good quality, etc. If you can't find one of the originals, then try purchasing from a place that has a good long warranty/return/exchange policy.

Sounds like you just need a new battery. But don't get an aftermarket one. Yes they are cheaper, but they are also very hit or miss. To easy to get one that really isn't right for the device, or not a good quality, etc. If you can't find one of the originals, then try purchasing from a place that has a good long warranty/return/exchange policy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Adnansattar Laptop Tech Support 6
CL19 Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
X Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 8
P Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
lordpassat Laptop Tech Support 1