My Audio keeps going out on my g7 any ideas?

DeannaB

Estimable
Jan 14, 2015
The audio seems to work off and on.Constantly have to reinstall the driver.Was bough 2 years ago, sat in drawer until Sept of 2014, and then I got it and started using it. Why would it be doing this?

DeannaB

Estimable
Jan 14, 2015

Is Windows 8 as complicated as it looks/ i am not too great woth computer,so how easy is it to learn? And thank you

DeannaB

Estimable
Jan 14, 2015

found this

HP Pavilion g6: Sound not working [ Edited ]
Options
‎07-13-2014 06:27 AM - edited ‎07-14-2014 05:08 AM
PC Info
Product name: HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
Product number: C6S45EA#ABU
Audio Driver: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC 6.10.6365.0
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so here's the deal: I've had my laptop for over a year now and I've had no problems whatsoever (except when I upgraded to Windows 8.1 - it was terrible so I rebooted it back to Windows 8). So, since about last week, I noticed the sound going at times. I do be on YouTube looking up some videos and they play but without any sound. I thought this was just a glitch so I thought "maybe if I turn it off and on again" (great words from The IT Crowd), it should work again. It did, but only for a short time. A day later this happened again so I do the same thing again and again, turning it off and on, day after day. It was really annoying to open up my laptop and restarting it. This goes on until about 2 days ago; I went onto the forums in search for an answer.