My brand new Acer aspire e15 E5-521-23KH won't charge at all.

Jun 17, 2018
This is a brand new machine. It's never charged from day one. The only problem is that I can't return it because I never used it for over a year from the day of purchase. Initially, I thought it was the battery so I replaced but still won't charge. Now it can only be used when plugged into the wall, the moment you disconnect the power, it goes off. Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks

Solution

Unfortunately, this is why you test equipment you purchase rather than let it sit around past the warranty. It's almost certainly a physical problem internally with the laptop, so you'll have to decide whether this laptop is worth it to you to spend money on getting a good shop to take a look at it. If you've already taken it into repair and...

DSzymborski

Distinguished

Unfortunately, this is why you test equipment you purchase rather than let it sit around past the warranty. It's almost certainly a physical problem internally with the laptop, so you'll have to decide whether this laptop is worth it to you to spend money on getting a good shop to take a look at it. If you've already taken it into repair and have it not work, I think you're throwing good money after bad at this point.

Solution