My computer is "inadequate"

scottypotty

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017
toshiba service station will not work, the site says my computer is inadequate. The download was free but when I click on it the message comes up telling me my computer is inadequate or the down load is outdated. I can check for updates on drivers manually but how do I do that?

Solution
To work properly or to work at all, most software needs some minimal hardware specifications. For example some video based software will be slow and sluggish if the host computer's CPU, memory, GPU etc. are old and perform at lower speeds. Performance will only be as fast as the slowest component involved: i.e., a "bottleneck" that will choke performance.

Read the software's minimal hardware requirements. Match the requirements item by item to your Toshiba Service Station. Determine where your system is less than, equal to, or exceeds the requirements.

New drivers may help especially if there is some fault in the old driver that is holding the host hardware back.

Open Device Manager.

You will be able to use "Properties" to...
To work properly or to work at all, most software needs some minimal hardware specifications. For example some video based software will be slow and sluggish if the host computer's CPU, memory, GPU etc. are old and perform at lower speeds. Performance will only be as fast as the slowest component involved: i.e., a "bottleneck" that will choke performance.

Read the software's minimal hardware requirements. Match the requirements item by item to your Toshiba Service Station. Determine where your system is less than, equal to, or exceeds the requirements.

New drivers may help especially if there is some fault in the old driver that is holding the host hardware back.

Open Device Manager.

You will be able to use "Properties" to learn about existing device drivers, install, uninstall, or update them as applicable.

Remember that you should use drivers downloaded directly from the device manufacturer's website whenever possible.

Avoid sites offering to scan your system and update drivers.

Solution