Solved! My computer makes a clicking sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleksanderVIK

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
My laptop makes a strange clicking sound when i turn it on. To be honest I find it quite odd when it started to make this sound, because I put normally on the sofa. Just on top of the machine that dries your hair(it wasn't on, nor was it plugged in). Then it started to make this weird clicking sound, in all frustration I turned it off, then the clicking stopped. I tried to turn it on again but then the clicking came back. First I thought it was the Cd-rom that was stuck or something, but when I opened some parts of the computer I found that the clicking sound came from mouse (laptop mouse, the black sheet you run your finger over to move the mouse). I'm not sure it's from that area but it sounded like that, when I placed it to me ear.

I think I'll deliver to fix it, but do you know what's wrong? Did it hit the hair gun too hard? I believe I put it there gently, but you'll never know:(.

Thanks for all help, I will appreciate it.

Solution
I don't think the machine "that dries your hair" doesn't have anything to do with this, since it wasn't on, like you said. What worries me though is that, on many laptops, the area you describe is where your hard disk is! Could be it's failing or something, so if you can, try to back up your data now.

What is your laptop anyway?

Sialac

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I don't think the machine "that dries your hair" doesn't have anything to do with this, since it wasn't on, like you said. What worries me though is that, on many laptops, the area you describe is where your hard disk is! Could be it's failing or something, so if you can, try to back up your data now.

What is your laptop anyway?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.