My computer says its connected to the internet but it won't load anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

rampaigeftw

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015
So my computer won't load the internet but it says its got great connection. I saw some things about IP addresses and DNS can someone explain what I can do?

SavLord

Estimable
Mar 1, 2015

I have the same issue as rampaigeftw with my roommates laptop. I tried what you said to do and these are my results:

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-Local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::6ca6:e4c:ac03:f351%12
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.12
Subnet Mask.. . . . . . . . . . 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway. . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection

Media State. . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix. : NB4WDS.COM

wolffex

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Try these in order:

Click on start, then in search type in 'cmd' and open it. Then type this in (without quotes) "ipconfig /release" and press enter. Then wait for one minute and type in "ipconfig /renew" and press enter. Wait for another minute and then try to see if everything works. If it doesn't work then try this, disconnect the coaxial wire from your modem for one minute and reconnect it. If that doesn't work then disconnect all wires from your modem for one minute and reconnect. If this also doesn't work then press the reset button on your modem for 15 seconds and wait for a minute and see if that works. If that does not work then contact your internet service provider, it may just be that they might be having issues at the moment.

SavLord

Estimable
Mar 1, 2015

The first two actions say that no operation can be performed on local area connectiob whike it has its media disconnected

Status
Not open for further replies.