Question My computer won't connect to my new monitor via DisplayPort/DVI

Jan 25, 2020
I recently got a new monitor which I've been trying to set up to my custom built computer, which held no avail. It can connect fine to my old monitor, although once I attempt to connect it to my new monitor it doesn't want to work. These are all the same cables so they're most likely not the problem. I've tried 2 different cables and neither of them work on the new monitor, but do work on my old monitor. It's being connected via DisplayPort-DVI adapter.

Have you tried the monitor on a different computer? Just to see if it works there.

If it doesn't, then I would think there is something wrong with the monitor. In that case I would return it and get a different one.

Now if it works on a different computer, then it may be an incompatibility with your computer.

Jan 25, 2020
Have you tried the monitor on a different computer? Just to see if it works there.

If it doesn't, then I would think there is something wrong with the monitor. In that case I would return it and get a different one.

Now if it works on a different computer, then it may be an incompatibility with your computer.
It works on my HP Envy laptop, although it uses a HDMI to VGA adapter, I dont see why it wouldn't be compatible, because using the same ports with my other monitor yields good results.

It works on my HP Envy laptop, although it uses a HDMI to VGA adapter, I dont see why it wouldn't be compatible, because using the same ports with my other monitor yields good results.

You are using adapters for everything it seems, you may want to list what monitor you have and what video card you have and what connections each has. First guess, the adapters are causing an issue.