Solved! My Dell 137000 won't start/boot up

Mar 1, 2019
My Dell inspiron 137000 won't start/boot up. I was using it normally and then the Wifi stopped connecting and it couldnt find any signal. So I put the pc to restart, it took a little long, but I waited. And then the screen was all black and it shutted down by itself. I tried to turn it on and this thing happened:

When I press the power button, the keyboard's backlight comes on and lights up for about 20secs, then the screen also lights up but it is blank with no display and then the keyboard's backlight goes off, followed by the screen.

This continues in a loop and sometimes it turns off after a few times.

Can someone help me?

Solution
NOTE: Yes, I know some batteries are not so easy to get to, on some devices. However, it should be removable/replaceable. Unless it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer first.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
  2. Remove the battery.
  3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
  4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
  5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the...
NOTE: Yes, I know some batteries are not so easy to get to, on some devices. However, it should be removable/replaceable. Unless it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer first.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
  2. Remove the battery.
  3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
  4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
  5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

If you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself, then I would try a local tech.

Solution
Mar 1, 2019
I've done what you told me, also I've tried to clean the pieces inside the notebook.

But now when I turn it on, the keyboard lighten up, then the Dell logo appears and suddenly the screen is all black with "No boot inside, press any key to reboot".

I press any key to reboot, sometimes it goes to the bios reboot, then it tests the memory, says "You're computer seems having trouble to start" press continue. When I press continue, it goes all round again with this loop.

So the problem then may well not be power but your drive.

If that is the case, you will either need to try reinstalling the software from a CD/DVD/USB or possibly even replace the drive.

I would really suggest you take it to a local tech to see if they can save any of your data off the drive first.