My dell laptop light is white

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)
6. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

Computer1964

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Computer1964 : "My laptop wont turn on, it hasca white light on it"

Battery has green light but white light on laptop and not coming on

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)
6. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 2
E Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 4
N Laptop Tech Support 1