My gaming laptop lags.

edzuss99

Estimable
Aug 21, 2014
Hi!I am new to this forum,but it is nice here.My problem is with my laptop.My laptop games lag,months ago it was working fine(it is 1 year old),but now,games which were running on high,now run on low with trouble.Lucky if on medium.Gta 4 were running on high(very nicely),but now,it lags on low...Battlefield 3 were running on high,now lags on low,battlefield 4 is real pain in the ***.My laptop is not overheating so much,it has a normal temperature,but i always change video card for game to run,from intel to nvidia(it doesn't work as it should).I tried to optimize games with nvidia experience,but games still lag.I have newest updates for processor,video cards,actually for all.I don't have dumped system with files and it works fast.I am cleaning laptop very often.Laptop is plugged to charge when i play and i don't have much tasks opened.I really don't know what to do,please help...
My laptop specs:Acer aspire v3-571g Windows 7 ultimate sp1
Nvidia gt640m 2gb and Intel hd 4000
Intel core i7 3.2ghz
750gb hard drive space

xxsjxx1

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
Heat.

Also, could be a software issue... My moms laptop was running super hot due to it basically always being stuck in turbo mode, one of her power profiles became corrupted. Yours could be an opposite issue. Download a CPU and GPU monitor, watch your speeds and temps, speeds should throttle up to or near max turbo when gaming, temps should stay reasonable.

edzuss99

Estimable
Aug 21, 2014

My laptop isn't hot when i am playing games.

Reds Freibergs

Estimable
Dec 7, 2014

I wish i would know... because i have the same problem as you...
My gaming laptop isn't even a year old but when time passed games started to lag more and more...
even MC is lagging and glitching the screen. with some kind of photos and numbers, assassin creed unity is lagging
I need to get my laptop to window 7... -_-
P.S(Thief,Sims 4,Banished,Mafia 2,Simcity 5,State of decay,Assasin...Black flag and other games what i have havent got any problems except for Watch dogs)...

My laptop: Aspire V3-772G
1000 GB HDD
8 GB DDR3L Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M