My HDMI port does not recognize my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbakoo

Prominent
Feb 12, 2017
Hi! I have a Dell Inspiron 5537 laptop and a Samsung smart TV, made in 2016. When I first connected them with a HDMI cable, it worked perfectly. Whenever I wanted, I selected the Source on TV the HDMI input and it worked. After 2-3 weeks, suddenly it did not work anymore. I did not disconnect or set or do anything meantime. The TV said there is no connection and I should check the calbe and the settings. Later, I bought another HDMI cable, at first connection it worked, but after another 2-3 weeks, the same happened. I mention that I can connect via other network (router) to the TV, but in that case the movies will be played with the TV movie player that has much simple options, like no selection of language. I can even connect via Screen Mirroring that is better, but I have to re-connect each time when I want to watch contents from my laptop or Internet. (when using TV, the Screen Mirroring function is interrupted). WHY DID THE HDMI PORT DISSAPPEAR/BECOME UNRECOGNIZABLE??? I have 4-5 HDMI inputs on TV, but all of them do not recognize my Laptop. Today, the TV and laptop are still connected, but at source selection the TV always say there is no cable, no signal.
All in one: WHY CAN I NOT CONNECT WITH HDMI CABLE TO MY TV (ONLY WITH WIRELESS SOLUTIONS)?
Can anybody help me?

Solution
Hi there!
Can you imagine that I have solved my problem?? I made many rebbots, program updates and changed HDMI cables, still nothing. Finally I read somewhere to make an update to my BIOS!!!! And it worked!!!! I do not know why those "clever" system care softwares are not checking BIOS updates too? They might advise you to update a lousy pdf reader several times a month, but with the BIOS they do not care....
However, I declare my problem solved and I recommend this solution to everyone in this topics "HDMI connect laptop -TV"

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from jbakoo : "HDMI connect laptop -TV"

The order you boot the laptop and select the input on the TV it's connected to can affect how they "handshake".
I use a laptop on my projector and sometimes it works one way sometimes the other. If the laptop is already booted I may have to go to another input and back 2-4 times. It has to do with how long it takes for the laptop to detect the HDMI connection and the TV to acknowledge.

jbakoo

Prominent
Feb 12, 2017

jbakoo

Prominent
Feb 12, 2017
Hi there!
Can you imagine that I have solved my problem?? I made many rebbots, program updates and changed HDMI cables, still nothing. Finally I read somewhere to make an update to my BIOS!!!! And it worked!!!! I do not know why those "clever" system care softwares are not checking BIOS updates too? They might advise you to update a lousy pdf reader several times a month, but with the BIOS they do not care....
However, I declare my problem solved and I recommend this solution to everyone in this topics "HDMI connect laptop -TV"

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.